The following goals represent the five core areas of focus for Boston’s cultural plan. Taken together, these goals serve as an organizing set of actions that the City and its partners must undertake to achieve Bostonians’ vision for arts and culture. The numbering of the goals does not indicate order of priority.
- Create fertile ground for a vibrant and sustainable arts and culture ecosystem.
- Keep artists in Boston and attract new ones here, recognizing and supporting artists’ essential contribution to creating and maintaining a thriving, healthy, and innovative city.
- Cultivate a city where all cultural traditions and expressions are respected, promoted, and equitably resourced, and where opportunities to engage with arts and culture are accessible to all.
- Integrate arts and culture into all aspects of civic life, inspiring all Bostonians to value, practice, and reap the benefits of creativity in their individual lives and in their communities.
- Mobilize likely and unlikely partners, collaborating across institutions and sectors, to generate excitement about, and demand and resources for, Boston’s arts and culture sector.